Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Personal Goal



MJA and I are engaged. Duh. Everyone knows that at this point. [no, that isn't us]



He works in a very secure, salaried Federal job as a LEO. We both look forward to when I am done with school and can support my shopping habits as well as contribute to the household - right now I do what I can when I can but to maintain a Deans List status I can't work too many hours.



Anyway, so I do work SOME, and I can work maybe a few hours more.



A personal goal of mine is to start saving up for this wedding. Thankfully it is in 16 months and with MJA and I saving together we actually can make a good dent. I am hoping Macon cooperates and so I can put the rest of my mutual funds into the wedding fund so we can have a great party with many of our family and friends in attendence.



Our goal is to have $10,000-12,000 in cash for this wedding. Many vendors only accept checks in my small hometown, so it's pretty logical to have that much on hand. My Mom just retired so I am not about to let my parents foot a majority of the bill. MJA and I can do pretty well and they can help a small bit. MJA said last night, "if we only have to charge $2,500-3,000 of wedding stuff, I will be so happy." Well, I will be happy too, so this blog is not going to be ALL about finances, but you will see me talk more about saving and having a traditional, small town wedding in a lovely location and a fun reception - I'll try to make these entries on a weekly basis...

XOXO

Pics:

1. Weddingbee.com
2. http://www.fleoa.org
3. & 4. Wordpress
5. myheartofvirginia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment