Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wait.. what?



Wait, so am I related to Tinsley Mercer Mortimer???!?!? Doesn't her Dad sell carpets here in VA or something like that?

Then the knives really come out: "Tinsley talks all the time about being related to Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. I'm sure 18 million Americans are related to them," Devorah said. "Some live in trailer parks and some live on Park Avenue. I never run around saying that my Uncle Nelson was one of the top executives at the third-largest oil producer in the world. Or that when my grandmother died, the sitting president of Venezuela went to her funeral. I've never used that, and I've never played that up. She created this socialite persona.



Good ol' TJ

Seriously, if that was true, it would crack me up to no end. Especially since, even though Devorah "Rose" is clearly a unique individual and a Tinsley frenemy, she has a point. There are a lot of us old VA bluebloods who are "related" to TJ and the Madisons, the point is to what extent that person is truly related. For example, I am part of the DAR for my Dolley Payne side, which has to provide documentation. I am related to TJ through one of his nieces, America Delaware Jefferson (born 1834) of Pittsylvania Cnty, through my great-grandmother, whose maiden name was Jefferson. She married James Fontaine Minter.



From the New York Post article by Annie Karni
Last Updated: 9:33 AM, March 3, 2010 // Posted: 4:34 AM, February 28, 2010
http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/local/manhattan/menaces_to_fBNqP0TdcVg8O5acibXQ6K

No comments:

Post a Comment