Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Martha Stewart Show


I am not sure if all of my readers like Martha Stewart, but I really enjoy her as a teacher of food, crafts, and homekeeping. She has taught me a lot over the years, and I really appreciate what she is doing in the world of more eco-friendly home products. Her Homekeeping Handbook has been such an asset since I bought it at the beginning of this summer.

She recently moved networks from NBC (where for many DirecTV customers, among others, we could not watch her show due to local programming and the 5th hour of Today) to the Hallmark Channel. She is on M-F at 10am EST, and helps start off a wonderful series of Home shows that run from the AM to early afternoon hours.

Now that she is on Hallmark, I am really happy, as I haven't been able to watch her show for the past two years. I have missed a lot of great episodes, but yesterday I saw one that was one of the funniest I have ever seen. It was actually a "Bonus Episode" that aired on Monday at 4pm (so during the Oprah show). It had an opening that was hysterical and featured Martha Stewart and Darcy Miller (her Editorial Director of MS Weddings) wearing gorgeous gold outfits for the "Glitter" segment. I cannot believe no one has this on YouTube yet! Anyway, they open the show with a big, black shimmery confetti pinata, and proceed to FAIL at cracking the pinata open for the entire 5 minutes of the opening segment. At this point they are hysterically laughing and out of breath, so Martha's producer comes and has to RIP IT OPEN for the thing to actually work.

To make up for it, I found a few of my favorite clips of Martha Stewart on YouTube that are hysterical:

As a sidenote: I DIE everytime I see the clip with incredible glass maker DALE CHIHULY and she completely ruins a perfect glass orb. And then asks, "is that bad?" [its around 0:32] And her April Fools-ing her set staff. So messed up hahaha. Lastly, Conan O'Brien on the Martha Stewart Show. I mean, really, how did they figure that out? Him looking like Fabio is amazing.



More Bloopers:


Martha's BFF Snoop Dogg comes by to make Mashed Potatoes:


All photos and videos original property of © 2010 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment