Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Happier" by A Fine Frenzy

Great lyrics.


Wicked quips, so harsh and cynical
Touches stricken, cold and clinical
What a transformation to behold
But I don't like this, no, I want the old

It's the not the words that make it finally
Said such things before that's rivaled them
But it's how you say them now that's changed
Cold but sympathetic all the same

Like to convince me, that I'll be better off
So you go on and I'll be happier
You be gone, and I'll be happier

Shoot me with your rubber bullets
Your fingers on the trigger pulling it
You want this suffering to end
So it is forgivable my friend

It's all to convince me. that I'll be better off
So you go on and I'll be happier
You be gone, and I'll be happier

Say what you mean
That you'll be happier without me

You won't convince me that I'll be better off
So you go on and I'll be happier, I'll be happier
You be gone, and I'll be gone
You go on and I'll be happier... ?
-A Fine Frenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment