Friday, August 21, 2009

Life




So, where have I been for the past few months?

Well, to put it simply, I haven't had ANY internet at my house. We had HughesNet which was the devil, and over priced, and just all-around bad. So, we recently realized with school starting back up again I would NEED some kind of internet. We decided to get me some NetZero dial-up.

Woohoo! AOL-style dial-up circa 1994!! I live 20 minutes from Richmond, VA and this option is the only one I have besides HughesNet... WOWWWWW.

Work is great. I am still working in lingerie but retail isn't suffering for us as badly as the nightly 6:00 news every night would make you think. I average around 300-500+ in sales everyday, and multiply that by 3-5 employees and you get our daily sales. So you could really get why I don't really believe that there is a recession going on so much as a paranoia from corporate overspending.

Then again, I work at a boutique, not a retail box establishment....

I start back up classes on August 31. However, for the first time in almost 6 years, I will be back at a 4-year college. I will be working on my Bachelor's! I am completely ecstatic and grateful to be given another opportunity to finish what I started. It has given me a huge sense of pride and happiness in my day-to-day life. I am just beyond excited as it is a great school and is a old Liberal Arts institution in the south... and Mike is supporting me every step of the way!



More later! Bedtime for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment