Monday, October 5, 2009

Babies


Photo by Tiffany & Co.


A very close couple of PBF's and mine had a baby around 2 weeks ago. His name is Kyan. He is adorable. He has lots of features from his Mom's side of the family. Dad is doting on him as much as Mom. And neither of them looked completely exhausted. Plus, Kyan does not look like an alien. He was quite literally the first kid I had held in about 10 years. I am on the end of the mid-20s where its right before everyone you know has kids. PBF is on the tail end of that now being 34. But I am quite rusty. I almost had a panic attack when I jostled Kyan a bit when I tried to burp him. Must not be a good burper on me. I did have enough in me, he clearly passed several times while I held him. PBF laughed his butt off because I brought out this kid's gaseous side and PBF is a 5-year-old when it comes to man's digestive process. Oh well.


Photo by Anne Geddes.


I tried to find a good example on Google but it didn't happen for me. But babies can look completely terrifying sometimes when born. Pointed head. Whacky ears. HUGE eyes. Anyway, I was a gorgeous baby. No, I don't have an online example, but lets go with the idea that I looked similar to this:



From: http://alistbaby.net/ [but likely originally from Vanity Fair, and Annie Liebowitz]

Yes, that is Suri Cruise. But same thing. Lots of black hair at birth. Long fingers. Cute face. Not an alien. I also had long long eyelashes and eyebrows. I will try to upload it tonight with my scanner. I was cute though!!

But alien babies crack me up.

Anyway, PBF and I have been trying to fix things. We had a hiccup a few weeks back and have been trying to recover. Visiting with our friends and their newborn definitely gave me some reassuring perspective. He is not the "average guy" who is "pretty sure" he is going to have kids at "some point". He also is not the overly wanting kids guy who puts pressure on you and then you end up missing out on life because you had kids too fast. He is completely, 100% respectful of what my personal goals are. Which is extremely rewarding, to be perfectly honest. And seeing him hold a baby made a big difference, too. And I cannot wait to dress up our daughter(s) in Lilly Pulitzer. And the sons in Lacoste? Ralph Lauren? Etc.

Boys:


Photo: Ralph Lauren.com


Girls:

Photo: Lilly Pulitzer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment