Saturday, January 23, 2010

goodbye, Conan (go Team Coco!!)

Did anyone else watch the end of Conan O'Brien on the Tonight Show last night?
I thought it was funny, bittersweet, and just a good example of Conan as a person.

I don't know him personally, but one of my Macon prof was a roommate of his at Harvard and has never had anything negative to say about him and I think when you live with someone you get to actually know them, not stupid "media impressions".

For the record while I love Jay Leno's taste in cars - I have never, ever found him to be funny... Not one bit.

This quote was a great one by Conan, who periodically got choked up last night but remained on-task... He did have fun playing Free Bird with Will Ferrell, Bill Gibbons, Ben Harper and Beck - along with his band... A great TV moment!

Here is his quote:

"All I ask of you, especially young people...is one thing. Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment