Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Proust Questionnaire

What is your current state of mind?

Relaxed, as I am in Florida.


What or who is the greatest love of your life?

Anywhere further south than Virginia. Virginia is becoming more and more "Northern-Yankee" every year, and even the traffic patterns along I-95 are less-hectic from NC, SC, GA, and FL. The true South immediately puts my mind at ease, and I feel better, work out more readily, the climate soothes a lot of my ailments, and I even eat better.


What is your most marked characteristic?

My loyalty to honor, trust, family and heritage. Passion and I used to have a huge desire to have the men I love(d), love me as much as I love(d) them.


What do you most value in your friends?

I value honesty, communication, and support - especially if I give it out, and have it returned to me.


What is your greatest extravagance?

Purchasing things. However, I buy them carefully and deliberately, with investment and long-term wear being the goal.


Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

I most overuse the phrase, "OMFG"


When and where were you happiest?

When I lived in Baltimore from 2006-2007 - just a nice/diverse city (okay I know that there is lots of crime but I never had to deal with it). The whole area is so pretty and I enjoyed sailing on occasion and working at Nordstrom was an incredible experience.


Which talent would you most like to have?

Constant health, not enough to make me live forever, but enough to make me enjoy my life fully.


What is it that you most dislike?

Liars, selfish people, and men who try to hurt/assault/damage women.


Who are your heroes in real life?

My Mother, all four of my aunts, and women who have made advances in breaking the glass ceiling.


Who are your favorite writers?

Tom Wolfe, Hemingway, Louisa May Alcott


What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Selfishness, Greed, and most especially, SLOTH.


Where would you like to live?

Somewhere warm. As in, above 50 degrees year-round.


What do you consider your greatest achievement?

My greatest achievement is going back to school to finish my degree.


What is your motto?

Romance lives by repetition, converts an appetite into an art. Besides, each time that one loves is the only time one has ever loved. Difference of object does not alter singleness of passion. It merely intensifies it. We can have in life but one great experience at best, and the secret of life is to reproduce that experience as often as possible.
-Oscar Wilde
from The Picture of Dorian Gray


Questions taken from the February 2010 issue of Vanity Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment