Monday, March 8, 2010

Rare success at J.Crew!


[logo property of J.Crew]

PBF and I HAD to go to J.Crew this weekend.

He had a gift card from Christmas to spend, and I had a rewards card from my J.Crew credit card. So, we went to the Charlottesville store.

I had a list of things I would be willing to get at the store this weekend:

* NO RUFFLES
* NO baby pastel colors
* NO jeans or winter-weight items

And I had success!

I purchased two Haberdashery 3/4 stretch tops in a Tiffany Blue [no idea actual name, not on J.Crew website?] and Sweet Papaya:



Here is my personal photo:



I needed another neutral pair of comfy Spring/Summer shorts- esp since I am headed to SC and FL soon, so I got a paid of these, which the store had rolled up a bit and I pictured me doing that with my Sperrys. These are REALLY comfy cotton. Not their normal stiff-but-comfy cotton shorts. These are way better and are great in cognac:



Here is my personal photo:



Lastly, I wanted a black summer-weight mini. Not legs up to there mini, but one I could pair with different items to dress it up or down. I wanted something I could wear high-waisted or low-waisted, prefereably with an elastic waistband so I could be comfy in it (like when I am driving long distances, say, on vacay). I tend to go for a fun bell shape or anything with airiness to it as I am hourglassy and like to emphasize that with my legs, so this skirt in Clean Rinse Wash is what I went with:



Here is my personal photo of it:




Amazing thing is, before taxes, I spent LESS than $200 on FOUR items from J.Crew. Shocking, right? PBF was jealous. But he did get a cute linen shirt - as the ones from J.Crew fit him better than other stores... again, a color not on their website. It's the Baird McNutt in a cobalt blue, really really handsome on him. : )

Lastly, if you go to the Cville store, as for Michelle - she was a great help and very attentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment