Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NEED INPUT! (see end of entry)

I love Long Weekends. Especially as an employee for the Big Man, because that means I get a holiday paid about once every 2 months! Mike and I took advantage of the opportunity and decided to go up to Yankeeland so I could FINALLY meet all of Mike's family! What an interesting trip it was (in Mike's fugly truck that he knows I cannot stand), what a amazing home his parents live at, and what an awesome fun time we had with his (and even more so now, my) friends - the Cleary's.

Mike and I went to this bar called Circa, where we went to Oktoberfest on Sunday:



I know, we look so cheesy, but we spent $8 on each of those glasses and I wanted to show off the goods! It was a great time...

I wish I had remembered to take a picture of his parents home. It is basically an English-style stone cottage with an addition on top. So vintage-y. I can imagine if I was an interior decorator/with my styling background what I would do to it to upgrade it for them. It is gorgeous ---- so much potential. I.e. Michael's room he grew up in is the old Dining Room! HA! With slate floors and a stone fireplace! It's insane.

Here is a mix of pictures from Google Images to give you an idea:

There was some ivy growing on the far side of the house where it is mostly just a back bathroom, den, and stone living room (which may have been a kitchen at one point because the fireplace back there is very big):



His family background is German-Welsh and this is really the kind of stone by the house:



These are the kinds of windows Mike and I had in our room, which faces the South, due East, and overlooks the garden, old swimming pool (slate-lined, now mostly a pond but I really want us to invest in this place, would be a great little retreat!!!!):



Lastly, we have ANOTHER, yes readers, ANOTHER wedding to attend this Winter. It will be in South Carolina and we leave in two weeks. Do any of you all like any of these dresses? This would be a rehearsal dinner dress, and I would wear either a shawl or cardigan with the dress as the service and reception are in the same place, a historic mansion in SC. Michael is a groomsman and will be in a tux on the wedding day - I will be wearing one of my favorite semi-formal dresses, which is a purple-ish-blue shade and is a silk dress with a side tie/sash (on the wedding day):

J.Crew hammered silk dress in Bright Peacock:



J.Crew Silk chiffon Juliet dress in Kelly Green:



J.Crew Lyndsey Cotton Cady dress in Sour Lemon or Orange Peel:



J.Crew strapless Carolina dress in Bright Rhubarb
:



J.Crew Hammered silk Laura dress in Honey Glaze:


J.Crew Sophia short silk dress in Bright Papaya:



J.Crew Polka-dot rosette dress:



Berry-trim Nathalie tank dress in Bright Peacock:



Okay ladies (and gentlemen) get to work - because I need to order this baby pronto!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment