Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wow

Okay, okay okay - It is now Thursday and I am just getting to the point of returning to make a new post. My mistake!!

All is well here. W&L Homecoming was a sight for sore eyes, I don't waste my money to watch UVA lose in football and I have a greater fondness for Dubyuhnell.

Weather was perfection, my Dad was busy with working so Mom, Mike, and I went out into the glorious crisp/warm Fall day together!

Here is Mike and I - he HAD been wearing a cute J.Crew button-down with a sweater (we had lunch with one set of my grandparents), but he promptly changed into a J.Crew polo before we got to the game...



Here is a picture of my Mom and I. We enjoy going to the games to see what the students are wearing. W&L is a pretty interesting school. If people aren't incredibly wealthy or middle class, then they are international or scholarship students - but everyone is fashionable in their own spectrum of tastes. It's kind of like when Harper's Bazaar does one of those maps-of-fashion articles? It's like that. Pretty spiff! This time we saw either girls dragging out Lilly (OUT OF SEASON DUH) or pretty jewel-tone shift dresses (tres chic).
I think Mom has my J.Crew cashmere and wool blend turtleneck sweater around her shoulders...


So we had a good time. W&L kicked old Macon's butt! As my Grandpapa put it, "W&L is playing your Alma Mater's Tiddlywinks team!" HA! I don't even really get that joke but it's cute nonetheless.

After the game, Mike and I walked into campus from Wilson Stadium just so I could show him around the campus. I had fun poking around the W&L Bookstore for Christmas ideas I could give Mom and Dad - which I had big luck on!! I saw some adorable headbands, a pink and green W&L baseball cap, a pink W&L sweatshirt-material tunic dress, and of course all of their Vineyard Vines stuff! I plan on poking around in there for some presents for some of my girlfriends, too!

Not much else went on over the weekend. Just some general studying and trying to get ahead in some assignments as Mike and I are taking off to head up to Yankee territory for the Federal Govt holiday weekend. We are using vacay days for tomorrow to drive up to the Yankee land to save time for the rest of the holiday weekend. I am amped up to meet the rest of his family and spend time with his friends. It should be a lot of fun!

Been scoping out Christmas ideas online too:

an Apple iTouch for those roadtrips Mike and I take together...


A pair of Christian Louboutins ($555 at Bergdorfs *normally less than Net-A-Porter and better selection than Bluefly, btw):



Another custom Boat and Tote bag. My family and I gave my cousin one for a high school graduation present and I think that I could use one for carrying books to class, walking from my parking spot to my office, etc.
Maybe not as fancy as this one, but one in forest green with the long handles and zip-top might be perfect!!



Lily Pulitzer Bexley Dress:



Tiffany & Co. Bean bracelet:



Lemon Tree Papierie Pink and Brown toile foldover note:



Okay, that is enough for now, of course I could go on for HOURS. ha! Back to work, but I will be better about posting with greater frequency!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment