Saturday, November 1, 2008

Keeps Getting Better.

Everyone who likes that music that makes you think of a quiet cafe on a Sunday, or a foggy morning in the mountains, or a mellow/sad Christmas, or a rainy winter afternoon... simply must download or purchase this song -

"Another Door Closes" by Jont.

Amazing.

=========================================

In other news, I cannot believe how this season of GREEK ended up. WTF is up with Becks considering leaving the house? And you know Max is not going to Cal-Tech, he is totally not b/c he is so obsessed in love with Casey and the fact that his last GF died will likely push him to put his education after Casey. And I really hope Cappie doesn't ruin this situation for Casey again.

=========================================

My job leaves me sad. I am going to leave that topic at that for right now. Yesterday was a very disappointing day for me in regards to how I am genuinely viewed in the office. That being sad, I enjoy what I do.

=========================================

Michael continues to impress me.

We went to a wedding in SC this past weekend - 5 day long weekend - woot - and it was a lovely wedding. I love going back down to the Deep South because my accent comes out and that is always entertaining. Plus, Michael had never heard it so it tickled him to pieces. AND I took him to Sticky Fingers - A-MAZ-ING! Very fun to share some of my traditions with him!

Here is us post-wedding. It is always funny when the BF is a groomsman and you are at a wedding with people you don't even know! Well, I knew Ginny and Jeremy but that was it!



While at Sticky Fingers for some drinks we had a heart-to-heart. He basically laid it out for me. It went something like this,
Mike: "Whit, what are you doing?"
Me: "Having a really good margarita"
Mike: "No, I mean academically. You are SMART. You are well-read. Your speaking skills are incredible. You are in an Associate's program. You are floating."
Me: "....yes...."
Mike: "But you come home aggravated, you go to class aggravated, you seem generally aggravated and you hate getting up in the morning"
Me: "But I enjoy the WORK I do"
Mike: "What else about it do you enjoy?"
Me: "...."
Mike: "I love you, I am here to support you, I am not trying to tell you to do anything. I am just saying, where you might not feel supported by some people to do what you want, I can and I will support you. And when I say support I mean the full spectrum."
Me: ...tearing up. "This is why I love you. You're right."
Mike: "What happened to the Russian Studies Masters degree? Didn't you want to write or become a lawyer or even teach? The dual-major in Poli Sci and Environmental Studies? With the double-minor in French and History? You have a collection of over 30 Russian History books just sitting on a shelf at your parent's home. What do you want to do?"
Me: "I want to finish what I started."


So... I have been home for less than a week and this is what I have discovered.
Randolph-Macon College:
Majors in Environmental Studies, History.
Minors in Political Science, French and International Studies.

University of Richmond:
Majors in Paralegal Studies, History, Environmental Studies, Political Science, Russian Studies.
Minors in Law and Public Policy Studies, French, Law and Liberal Arts.

These are my options. We are not going to be moving any closer to Richmond than we live now. All I need is a job to cover gas and paying off my previous student loans and my ever-reducing CC debt from when I took a year off. My job currently does that. I will always feel tied to R-MC. But WTF have I been doing the last semester getting my Paralegal Associates? Do I really want to quit something I have started? So many questions right now.

Michael is such a good man. Honestly. It is something I "remember" (i.e. don't ever forget but always comes to the front of me) everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment