Friday, November 7, 2008

Silverware

Okay, so I was thinking about Silverware patterns today... not sure why, just was:

For everyday, I am having a hard time deciding on my everyday pattern.... honestly, there are too many classic Old Southern G.R.I.T.S.-style patterns out there!

I have already chosen my China and my Tiffany special silverware, but now it's the everyday I am mulling over...

1. Grande Baroque, by Wallace (now owned by Pfaltzgraff):
Designed in 1941. William S. Warren, the designer said: "To reflect the very essence of merriment and adventure, of artistic progress". Renaissance-era inspired.



2. Francis I, by Reed & Barton;
Historically-speaking - It was designed by Ernest Meyer, a French silversmith. His goal was to create a pattern that eclipsed the splendid Renaissance-Baroque metalwork of Benvenuto Cellini, court artist and sculptor in the court of King Francis I who ascended the French throne in 1515. It took him three years to design.
The pattern is unique, given that - unlike other flatware patterns - it has fifteen different fruit-and-flower clusters. Each handle bears one of these detailed designs. Introduced in the U.S. in 1906.



3. Strasbourg, by Gorham
Just a really simple, but still elegant silver pattern. Not as dressy, but that is what the Tiffany set is for. But would still be nice for dressing up a table...



What do you guys have? And what do you all think of my options? Do you have a favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment