Thursday, March 26, 2009

Apparently I am Kreativ!



I was tagged by Park Avenue Princess for the Kreativ Blogger Award :)

The award rules are as follows:

List 7 things that you love, and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you love!
Be sure to tag them and let them know that they have won.
You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sidebar letting the whole world know... you are Kreativ!

1. I love my Coach purse.

It is kind-of like this one – the Coach Zoe, but mine has a braided black leather handle… It really is wonderful as I can stick all I need in it and it looks incredibly nice with my suits and work stilettos – while easy to dress down for going out with PBF or with my ladies!! [picture source: Coach.com]



2. I love my Coca-Cola!

I am a huge fan of soda, regardless of the fact that it is incredibly bad for me and my heart, but I really monitor my sugar input daily just so I can enjoy this wonderful delicious syrup full of bad awful things!!! I think it all traces back to being in boarding school and the fact that in the basement of one of the dorms, they still had a glass-bottle Coca-Cola dispenser!!
[picture source: http://jyte.com/profile/wonko.com]



3. I love my Pearls!

[picture from: Finksjewelers.com]
I was the only girl throughout my boarding school years that didn't have pearls... I was the only one in my class (of the preppier girls at least) during graduation who it seemed like was without. I had my Tiffany and Co. Elsa Peretti jewelry but not my pearls - which I felt looked so much better with our white dresses we had to wear for Lantern Ceremony anyway. I had grown up with a gorgeous pearl bracelet - but I had outgrown it and never asked for a replacement. And I wanted a set – but because of the unanticipated expense of my education (asking to get out of my hellish public school and be in boarding school like my brother - an unplanned expense for me), I never EVER asked for a set, so I wore my mother's own set that she entrusted to me. Well, when I graduated, on graduation day, right before the ceremony, she handed me a box from Finks. Inside, was my own set of 7.5 mm pearls! She and my Aunt had handpicked each pearl to be strung on my necklace – made with love from my Mom with my Aunt's blessing! (my Aunt used to work at a Finks store).
Here is a picture of my sister and me after the ceremony – she wore a gold silk shift in honor of my "team" (purple versus gold) at school. Fabulous!:




4. I love my hometown – Lex Vegas.
It is so beautiful and I loved the area I grew up in. I couldn't have done without a lot of the people there but I really had a wonderful, blessed childhood with all of the comforts a parent would love to provide. We had a big farm and I had lots of fun parties at the Country Club or at home. Most of my family lived nearby and my Mom was really strong when it came to the significance of God being in our lives. Here are some favorite images of home:

The Farm where I grew up:


View from my parents' new house (which they built in 2000):


Main Street at Christmas time, with my church all decorated:



5. I love my Golden Retriever, Lovely Lady of Lexington.
She is too cute for words!!




6. I love... The Greenbrier!
The Greenbrier is a bittersweet place to mention as it recently filed for Chapter 11. I have spent a week there every other year for the past SEVERAL years. I cannot remember how many times [This isn't including the day trips that we did when I was small for Easter, etc, when we opted out of going to The Homestead]. Here are some pictures from those amazing trips...
My cousin goofing off in the pink (because of Thanksgiving/Christmas – AND GREEN!!) ballroom:


My cousin and I always share a room. This was our Deluxe corner suite we had on a holiday visit. I LOVE TULIPS!!! (many apologies for the un-made bed):


Some of the family gathered for tea in one of the library rooms off of the Main Lobby level...:


Yes, those of you who have been to the Greenbrier know this is one of the "ladies lounges" – I LOVE this room:

It screams sultry boudoir to me – the vintage Vogue covers, the royal purple velveteen chairs with black tassels, the brushed pink wallpaper and the crystal chandeliers. LOVE IT TO PIECES. I would often grab a flute of champagne and "hang out" in here just to get away from the crowds during post-dinner music receptions, etc.

I'm going to miss this place for a lot of reasons - not be be rude - but I can only imagine how messed up the place will be if it gets bought out by some big hotel conglomerate chain company, which means less pay for the deserving workers in the unions at The Greenbrier, and lower-quality goods, etc.


7. I love lingerie! Now, to those who don't know me well, that seems weird. Lingerie? Why not just fashion? Well, I used to sell lingerie on my year off from school (thank you Nordstrom), and then kept with it when I went back to school – Belk, far less glamorous clientele, but still fun! So I have TONS OF LINGERIE. I hope I can go back to working in lingerie again soon.

From Julianna Rae, the Butterfield silk cami and tap pant set:



From Bergdorf Goodman, the raspberry Florentine Gown & Robe, Long (retails at $410.00):



And what boudoir would be complete without a crystal chandelier (thank you Greenbrier!):

   
And a gorgeous chaise lounge (thank you Ethan Allen!) the Monaco Left-Facing Chaise:

 

I tag:

Zazu Pitts: http://brillionaire.blogspot.com/

Kiss On My List: http://kissonmylist.blogspot.com/

Al.Ex: http://alexploresla.blogspot.com/

Lulu: http://nixonsleeves.blogspot.com/

Randall @: http://happyforthismoment.blogspot.com/

FB: http://fabulouslybrokeinthecity.blogspot.com/

Katie: http://asoutherngirlinthecity.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment