Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tequila and Limes

I so love margaritas. This summer, with Michael and I being all over the place, the best thing at the end of the day was to head home and make a tasty margarita. However, my "sin" of the summer was this: no margarita glasses. My personal goal is to really get a nice classy bar going. For now, the display case I inherited from my mother (made of maple, needs to be refinished for the dining room, but currently has a nice shabby-chic look to it - do I need to post a picture of it?) has our "nice things that can't sit out" at this time. For example, plain glass champagne flutes from my Grandmama, cut glass wine goblets, a cute polka-dot chip dip holder, my sterling silver wine stopper and plate, etc, are all in there. Oh, and PBF's pilsners, etc. ANYWAY, on to my wish list:



Recycled glass & a great price! How fabulous is that? It reminds me of the old glass bottled Cokes I could buy in the Pruden basement at Chatham Hall. Yay!



I am happy to have tried Grand Marnier in my margarita, as a bartender at a hotel I was at this summer served it with a citrus mix, yum! Then again, I was like 3 cocktails in so it may not have been so great if I was having it as my first drink, not too sure.



From my experience, you have to add this winner to make it a true Mexico margarita, with Patron of course... It is made by Patron, but it is also without any added fillers or flavors, so it's really lush and fruity but not as syrup-y as Grand Marnier (in my opinion)... but this is a great addition of more orange if you want - which may be prefereable, depending on if you use the traditional Key Lime with tequila (which has a yellower juice) or the regular lime which is more obvious in how green it is!




Lastly, the bar tool set. How the hell PBF and I have survived without one of these babies is completely shocking to me. We need to have one, pronto!! This one is the Faces Bar Tool Set from Williams-Sonoma. It is a 8 piece set and fantastic: ice bucket, storage rack (removeable), jigger, strainer, tongs, stirrer, bar knife, and bottle opener. I keep going back to it, hoping Mike will splurge on it for me, but, of course, he would rather buy me dinner out and a bottle of Chanel Coco Madmoiselle instead (like last weekend). It retails at $99 on their website.




Oh! And a shaker. Duh. Here is a great one I have been eyeing for months!! Again, Williams-Sonoma. Guess you guys know where some of my registry will be when I finally get engaged!! It retails for $32.

No comments:

Post a Comment