Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bialetti Hot Chocolate Maker




This gift, the Bialetti Hot Chocolate Maker, is one of the ones I received this Christmas. I have not taken it out of the box yet - snowed in at the parentals - but I cannot wait! M purchased it for me, and it is a very thoughtful gift so then I don't spend a ton of money at Starbucks buying Venti Peppermint Hot Chocolate, no Whip, Whole Milk.

One of the many reasons I love Williams-Sonoma, how-to videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbyxZP8jc8c

(W-S is lame, however, by disabling embedding videos!! BOO)


[photo by http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/]

Places in Paris, like salons de thé "Angelina's", serve their hot chocolate with low-fat milk in it. I normally drink whole milk, but I may get a jar of 2% milk for this product as it is designed (I think) for the lower-fat content of other milks.


[photo by http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/]

At Angelina's, you order a hot chocolat and they serve it to you in a pitcher with a tea cup. Next to that is a bowl of fresh whipped creme and a glass of ice water to cleanse your palate of the richness.



As an unexpected surprise, My Grandmama and Grandpapa gave me the Williams-Sonoma Peppermint Hot Chocolate shavings as well, so I am ready to go with setting this baby up when I get back to the house in a few days! They did not know M was purchasing this item for me, small world.

As Williams-Sonoma writes:
* Our peppermint version adds triple-distilled natural peppermint oil for the cool, clean taste of fresh mint.

* We've chosen an artisanal bittersweet chocolate by Guittard, San Francisco chocolate makers since the 19th century.

HEAVEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment