Friday, December 24, 2010

My Christmas Wishlist


Me at Christmas around 1994. This photo was taken at my Grandmama/Grandpapa's house on Jackson Avenue in Lexington, VA. LOVE my skirt! ha!


In my family, as there are so many of us, we have to write a list every year. It gets given to the significant other and the parents are both CC:d on the email. Basically, this list is done so there is no possible duplication of gifts. I was surprised to learn as I grew up that I had many friends who never did a list! Imagine my surprise! Wow!

Anyway, I am one of those people who always asks for books. I think books are the one amendment to the rule on not re-gifting. You can re-gift a book, or give a used book, and it is just as good as a brand new one. You are being good to the Earth, and what if the book is something perfect for a friend or family member. Obviously, I normally own up to it being "used" or whatever, and give another gift to even things out a bit, but I never see why that is wrong, right? [Although if the book smells like cigarettes, or you are giving a book to a germaphobe, then things may want to be adjusted on a case-by-case basis! ha!]

The following items are some of the many things on my wish list this year. These are normally guidelines for family who just don't know what to get me, so these are normally a list of want/needs:

The Cricut Expression. It is an expensive item, but I know with my jewelry-making, scrap-booking and other heart-friendly activities that I would use the heck out of this item. It looks like something way more entertaining and time-saving in comparison to my current trace-and-cut methods for items! Plus, I see it as ideal for things like designing attractive boxes for presentation (i.e. a pair of earrings I designed, etc.).



The Conair I-series Ionic hair dryer. Yes, it is a pink hairdryer! However, it is an ionic hairdryer which is way more forgiving on my thin, baby-fine hair. It can take my hair 5 hours to air dry, literally. This hair dryer should help me figure out how to style my hair now that it is to my belly-button. I am running out of ideas and I really don't want to chop it off, yet!



One of the most controversial films of its time (the glove strip-tease scene), Gilda is an American film classic. I love this movie and the music, the dancing and Rita Hayworth! I have been compared to her (hello, super compliment) and I just love her as such a vivacious character in this film!



Trailer for Gilda, a Columbia Pictures film:



From Williams-Sonoma, I asked for the long stainless steel All-Clad ladle. I make lots of stocks from scratch in a big tall stock pot, as well as making lots of soups and stews in the winter, so I would get a lot of wear out of this kitchen piece.



I love a specific product from Origins, called Clear Improvement. It is a fantastic mask that I can rely on to completely resurface my face and neck to baby-soft cleanliness. It uses charcoal, white Chinese clay and other ingredients to completely clear my pores out. Love. Love. Love!



As I began my entry, I mentioned books. I asked for several this year for Christmas, but here are a few of my favorites:

The 1982 edition of Martha Stewart's Entertaining:


The Woman's Guide to Law School by Linda Hirshman:


and, the book Pinstripes and Pearls: The Women of the Harvard Law Class of 1964 by Judith Hope:



What did you ask for for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment