Friday, February 20, 2009

Inspired Post

Instead of posting this on Fabulously Broke's comment page, I decided just to dedicate a post of my own about my own story...

This is the FB story:

"I really should be the last person laughing at other people's misfortunes, but this woman missing her flight is.. freaking HILARIOUS."

You have got to check out her page to see the clip.

Agreed. But I can totes relate!!!

I can. Seriously. Last year I spent a week in Sarasota visiting my Aunt and Uncle at their Winter home down there. It was literally my first non-long-weekend vacation in 4+ years. Not even kidding!!! My flight had been cancelled two times already because of severe thunder storms, and then when I got to finally leave Sarasota (delayed) my flight was actually early but not early enough to catch my connecting flight in Charlotte to Richmond!

It was horrible. I had work the next day, and I was 45 minutes early and yet there was my plane, I was "2 minutes too late" and even though I could see people still walking onto the plane, they wouldn't let me on. I almost had to spend the night in the airport because one of my bags was checked and it HAD to go to Richmond. Even though I was only 4 hours from my house, I could've gone to any of the others flights that afternoon to Roanoke, Newport News, Norfolk, Charlottesville, or Dulles - because they are all less than 2 hours from my house and PBF would've driven just to bring me home.

I spent a week on a relaxing vacay and then I got all stressed out close to home. When I FINALLY was put on the 2nd to last flight of the night, to Richmond (stupid post 9/11 paranoia!! grr!), we were told by the pilot that because of powerful ground winds and low fuel we would have to re-route to Dulles to refuel. AUGH! Then we sat in Dulles for a good 1.5 hours, not allowed to get off of the plane or walk around the plane although several of us were hyperventalating, and then we barely made it flying into Richmond.

In all seriousness, we clapped for the pilot, because in our traumatic state, we were convinced the plane was so light that we were going to flip over and die, or something dramatic of that nature.

Note: PBF and I had been dating a month at that point and he decided that he was NEVER going to have me travel any DISTANCE of that measure without him EVER AGAIN. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment