Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday...

Today is going to be busy, I can just feel it. I can also feel it in my gut that I may not be here tomorrow - not feeling too well. Throat feels swollen, head has been hurting steadily the past two days, felt really dizzy so I didn't go to class last night, and I strained my rotator cuff/left shoulder in the past week. Ugh.

So, I woke up this morning and it was SOOO COLD. VERY VERY COLD. Like, October cold. And readers, I live in Virginia! So I had to bundle up this AM. This weather inspired my Fall-chic outfit for this AM:

Okay, so since I have never done a polyvore thingy before I will just say that straight out. Then I will tell you what my outfit is like in a list and then I will add my outfit on below it:

Pink vintage Hermes scarf (close to this, but not quite).
Cobalt Maria trench from Delias.
Miu Miu slingback pumps
Madison Nappa Coach watch from Michael.
(mine is actually yellow gold) Claddagh ring from Michael.
JCrew sanddollar necklace.
Ann Taylor Loft Grey crewneck cardigan.
LAMB houndstooth pant (no, my belly is not exposed!!)
Belk (a southern department store) scoop-neck tank like this Old Navy one.




Last night for dinner Michael and I had freshly-made Chicken and Proscuitto ravioli pasta. It is from a place in town called Mona Lisa Pasta. We love their stuff. Incredible quality. To really delight our tastebuds, our chef friend Kane taught us how to boil them in hot water, then saute them with freshly cracked black pepper and coarse sea salt in the skillet.


The stuff is so yuuuummmmyy! It's a wonderful treat for $8.95/lb. They also have a ton of tasty ones, including - for Muffy!! - PUMPKIN!!
[Pumpkin $7.95/lb
Filled with pumpkin, shallots, sherry wine, mascarpone cheese and Amaretti cookies]

That is definitely a dessert ravioli! Anyway, we love them and get our pasta from them, because it is often the same price, but way fresh and tastier, than our dried, store-bought at the Teeter, organic whole-wheat pasta!

I had our dinner with one of my fave Virginia wines, from Barboursville Vineyards, the Rose vintage.


Mike is a beer kind of man (too much liquor while in the Army.. I am still working on his wine tastes!! He loves meat, so I don't know why he hasn't gotten into )wine yet! So Mike has been drinking this stuff:


He is a Sam Adams beer FREAK! I think I may - when we both aren't going to a wedding each month, etc, fly up to Boston for a weekend, stay at the old Swissotel/Hyatt Regency in downtown Boston, and go to the Sam Adams brewery. I think my man would love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment