Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend

The weekend I just had was uneventful, to say the least!

Friday night Mike and I just lazed around, which is always good, and I did a good bit of studying while drinking some wine and not accomplishing as much as I'd like.

Saturday was a little bit more of the same, except we went to Short Pump in the early afternoon, saw the ultimate cheesy-sad movie, Nights in Rodanthe, and then went shopping at the Ukrops by the theater.

Nights in Rodanthe, impressively enough, was a lot like the book, except for the part about her father, and the time-span. But other than that, it was great and cheesy and depressing, and made me miss the beach that much more. I think Mike now gets why I <3 OBX, esp. the lower islands via ferry and then way north by Corolla.

I love Ukrops.
We bought maybe a bag worth of stuff and then a big 16-pack of San Pellegrino (I am TRYING TO QUIT SODA BUT IT IS VERY HARD TO DO) and yet the bag boy still insisted on walking the 5/6th empty shopping cart with us to Mike's purple truck. Go figure. It was funny/awkward. Especially when we forgot where we parked. HA! But I do love Ukrops. I may need to stop by there tonight for some sushi before class because I was tres hungry when I got to class last week. We shall see if I get stuck in traffic.

School is school. I have been beating my demons of the past lately. It is hard to get into the groove and keep at it. It's been really tough, to be honest. I have no idea why, it's just school. I guess because I am working 40-50 hrs a week and then having a 2 hour class with a 1 hour drive from work it really burns me out. Yuck.

Back to work, woobeedoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment