Friday, January 7, 2011

Favorite Women: Katharine Hepburn


Growing up, one of my favorite women was Katharine Hepburn.




This is probably because my Grandmama looked a lot like her growing up.

And as I got older a beau compared me to her at one point, calling me "Hepburn-esque," likely one of the best compliments I will ever earn in my lifetime.




Some of my favorite quotes by Ms. Hepburn:


"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything."



"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."



"We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - you can blame anyone but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change, you're the one who has got to change. It's as simple as that, isn't it?"



"It would be a terrific innovation if you could get your mind to stretch a little further than the next wisecrack."



"Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself."



Those of you who follow my Twitter or know me personally know that I have had a rough week. This quote by her has always made me feel better:

"Life can be wildly tragic at times, and I've had my share. But whatever happens to you, you have to keep a slightly comic attitude. In the final analysis, you have got not to forget to laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment