Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wedding Day Jewelry

Because my ring looks like this:



And side view:



And I love pearls...

M told me, in a perfect world, he would love to give me a set of jewelry that would incorporate my new sapphire engagement ring and my love of pearls. As my current set of pearls are mounted on gold, I would love to add a set with platinum or silver as it's mounting material to incorporate my platinum ring. He said maybe he will be able to surprise me with a piece, which I would be thrilled to add onto over the years.


The Elements of Life: Ocean Collection:



Mikimoto writes of their collection saying:

Mikimoto's Elements of Life collection illustrates the company's ongoing initiative to incorporate colour into their jewellery collections. Water, Fire, Earth and Air are the four key elements of life forming harmony in the universe and unity among all living things. The use of coloured gemstones is a natural progression for Mikimoto. The broad range of coloured sapphires contrasts beautifully with cultured pearls.

The first collection to be launched in the UK is Ocean from Elements of Life, which is inspired, by the element of Water. Water represents purity and is known as the sustainer of life. The ocean, the oyster's natural habitat and the birthplace of pearls reflects shades of blue which is interpreted by Mikimoto using graduated shades of blue sapphires adding sparkle to white cultured pearl jewellery designs. Ocean from Elements of Life features necklaces, earrings and rings set with Akoya or White South Sea pearls complemented by graduated shades of blue sapphires.


Has anyone seen this collection before? It is by Mikimoto and is sold in the Virginia area by both Fink's Jewelers and Schwarzchild.

There is a drop necklace:


A stud necklace:


Drop earrings:


And bracelet:


There are many other pieces, but these are my favorites! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment